Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"'cor blimey, guvnor!!!" - a smashing night of booze!!

First up was a nice little Oktoberfest in my kitchen. Spaaten Oktoberfest.
Approx 6% alcohol.
This baby is not quite as smooth as my favourite Spaaten, the Helles, but also not quite the punch of the premium bock.
Somwhere in between and so I give it a 6.5/10.
Nice beer.

Next was a Hitachino Nest Classic Ale &*!!*#$% beer. (I couldn't quite read the Japanese).
Seemed to be some sort of English ale, with Kent golding and Challenger hops.
Cask conditioned, I think this is one of a selection of premium beers brought out by Hitachino Nest, in Japan.
Nice!
forgot about it in my freezer but as it warmed, it got better.
I give it a 7/10.
not bad for Hitachino, whom I don't really rate that much.

Next is a British beer..Samuel Smith's Organic Ale.
Although not exactly orgasmic, it certainly is organic (says so, on the bottle).
Not bad, but tastes bland and nothing special. Almost Eastern European lager/ale taste. Weird.
Low carbonation. 6/10

And then I fell asleep.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I liked that Hitachino nest classic ale. Had it in a park straight out of the bottle a couple of weeks back, suspect it would probably be even nicer poured into a glass. Will have to try it again some time. Really didn`t like the weissen they have in that same `classic` series though.